Eastern Equine Encephalitis

Mosquito
nechaev-kon
WCBS 880 Newsroom
October 03, 2019 - 7:54 pm
A mosquito in Stamford, Connecticut has tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis as the potential deadly virus continues to spread through the Tri-State area.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Associated Press
October 01, 2019 - 6:45 pm
Connecticut public health officials say a third person has died of eastern equine encephalitis.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Sean Adams
September 30, 2019 - 9:56 am
At least five mosquitoes have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus in Rockland County.
Read More
Mosquito
nechaev-kon
Associated Press
September 27, 2019 - 6:30 pm
A bipartisan group of state lawmakers want Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont to consider aerial spraying to combat mosquitoes carrying a deadly virus.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Steve Burns
September 24, 2019 - 4:31 pm
Health officials in Connecticut say a second person has died after being diagnosed with a rare, mosquito-borne illness.
Read More
Mosquito
nechaev-kon
WCBS 880 Newsroom
September 22, 2019 - 3:37 pm
The U.S. is seeing an increase in reported cases of eastern equine encephalitis, and officials in Connecticut are warning residents to take precautions after the rare and potentially deadly mosquito-borne disease killed a resident of the state last week.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
WCBS 880 Newsroom
September 20, 2019 - 5:47 pm
A person in Connecticut that was diagnosed with a rare mosquito-transmitted disease died Friday, the Department of Public Heath announced.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Associated Press
September 16, 2019 - 7:13 pm
Connecticut health officials say laboratory testing has confirmed the state's first human case of eastern equine encephalitis this season.
Read More
Mosquito testing
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Sean Adams
September 12, 2019 - 10:03 am
Residents are taking precautions after a deadly brain-swelling virus was found in Connecticut mosquitoes.
Read More